To support children in need, the Boca Raton Airport Authority (BRAA) is teaming up with airport FBOs, Atlantic Aviation and Signature Flight Support, to collect school supplies this upcoming school year for Boca Raton community partner, Spirit of Giving Network. From July 5th -13th, school supplies can be dropped off inside the lobbies of the:
- BRAA administration building, located at 903 NW 35th St. Boca Raton FL, 33431
- Atlantic Aviation, located at 3700 Airport Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33431
- Signature Flight Support, located at 3300 Airport Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33431.
“Having the right supplies can make all the difference for a child going back to school,” said BRAA Executive Director Clara Bennett. “Even donating things that we take for granted like pens and pencils can help a child start the year off on a positive note.”
The items most needed are:
- Personal tissues
- Reams of ruled paper
- #2 pencils
- Boxes of colored pens (black, blue, red)
- Mechanical pencils and highlighters
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Red, navy and light blue polo-style uniform shirts in all sizes.
“The Spirit of Giving Network makes such a significant contribution to the community,” Bennett continued. “We’re honored to work with them in order to make this school year better for the children who need it most.”
Since its founding, the BRAA has strived to play an integral role in the bettering of the local community in and around Boca Raton. This mission is strengthened through charitable events, community outreach and fundraisers such as this Back to School Drive.
Anyone interested in donating school supplies is encouraged to leave their donations at one of the 3 drop off locations, during business hours, between July 5th and the 13th.