Customs Facility Contract Awarded to West Construction Inc.

/, Press Release/Customs Facility Contract Awarded to West Construction Inc.

The Customs and Border Protection (CBP) facility is one step closer to fruition. The contract to build the 4,700-square-foot facility has been awarded to West Construction Inc.

Founded in Palm Beach County, West is headquartered in Lake Worth, with offices in the Bahamas, Chicago, Puerto Rico, Liberia and West Africa.

Of the three firms that bid for the contract, West was the lowest bidder with an amount of $4.3 million. New sewer, water, storm drainage, site electrical and lighting are also included in the project, as well as a new entrance road and parking area improvements.

A Florida Department of Transportation grant is funding 80 percent of the $4M project, with the remaining 20 percent coming from Boca Raton Airport Authority funds.

Construction of the CBP facility is being overseen by Ricondo & Associates, the Airport’s aviation consultants of record.

The groundbreaking is scheduled for July 2016.

By | 2016-08-24T14:18:46+00:00 May 19th, 2016|Awards, Press Release|0 Comments
Airport Closure Schedule
X