Making International Travel Easier Than Ever
U.S. Customs and Border Protection Facility Hours of Operation: Thursday – Monday 10:30 AM – 6:30 PM. Minimum after hours clearing fee of $280 applies to all after hours clearings.
Wherever your travels take you, we’ll make it easier to get back home. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility allows your international flight to fly directly into the Boca Raton Airport—saving you time and making your travels more efficient.
Prior to opening on May 31, 2018, international flights had to stop at another airport to clear Customs before returning to the Boca Raton Airport. Now that the Customs facility is complete, you are able to fly directly into BCT, which increases safety, prevents low altitude flights, reduces noise created by additional flights, and enhances the overall flying experience.
Wherever your travels take you, we will make it easier to get back home:
The 4,400 square foot Customs and Border Protection (CBP) facility enables you to fly directly into the Boca Raton Airport (BCT), where you can quickly and efficiently clear customs.
The Customs and Border Protection Facility is available for clearing Thursday through Monday from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. After hour clearings can be requested by calling 561-665-5842.
Procedures for Pilots:
When flying into the Boca Raton Airport from an international destination, simply taxi up to the Customs and Border Protection Facility, located between Taxiways P7 and P8.
The Boca Raton Airport is a User Fee Airport. When arriving by air, the fee is paid using the payment kiosk located in the airside waiting area prior to clearing customs.
After paying the user fee, simply proceed to the Customs and Border Protection processing area to complete the clearing process.
Procedures for Boaters:
Boaters utilizing the Boca Raton Airport to clear Customs should enter the facility through the landside lobby. The user fee is processed through the payment kiosk located in the lobby prior to clearing customs.
After paying the user fees simply proceed to the Custom and Border Protection processing window.
To become an LBO Member or to register a Float Plan, visit: https://svrs.cbp.dhs.gov
The Customs and Border Protection Facility totals 4,400 square feet, and cost in finality, approximately $4.5M. The contract was awarded to West Construction, Inc., and construction oversight was provided by the Airport’s engineers, Ricondo & Associates.
A Customs Feasibility Study was finalized in February, 2014. The Study forecasts that 700 annual flights, or an average of three flights per day during the facility’s hours of operation, will clear Customs at the new facility. The Study also forecasts 350 boaters will clear Customs paperwork at BCT per year.
Approximately 80% of the $4.5M project is being funded by a Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) grant, with the remaining project costs of 20% coming from the Boca Raton Airport Authority (BRAA). Funds for the FDOT grant are generated through a gas tax levied on users of airports throughout the state. The BRAA funds come from Airport property leases and fuel flow fees. No local, county, or state property or sales taxes are used for airport operations or improvement projects, such as the construction of the Customs facility.